WWC remains dedicated to understanding and providing the most current information as it relates to ARPA funds and their use.
We regularly participate in the National League of Cities guidance calls and visit the Treasury Department’s FAQ pages. The key focus areas of the funds include:
- Support public health expenditures, by funding COVID-19 mitigation efforts, medical expenses, behavioral health care, and certain public health and safety staff;
- Address negative economic impacts caused by the public health emergency, including economic harms to workers, households, small businesses, impacted industries, and the public sector;
- Replace lost public sector revenue, using this funding to provide government services to the extent of the reduction in revenue experienced due to the pandemic;
- Provide premium pay for essential workers, offering additional support to those who have borne and will bear the greatest health risks because of their service in critical infrastructure sectors; and
- Invest in water, sewer, and broadband infrastructure, making necessary investments to improve access to clean drinking water, support vital wastewater and stormwater infrastructure, and to expand access to broadband internet.
Money remains available until Dec. 31, 2024; unexpended funds must be returned to the Treasury. Let us be your guide for the successful use of these funds in your community.
For more information, see the attached PDF.