Close this search box.

Do You Need a Flood Elevation Certificate?

Do You Need a Flood Elevation Certificate?

As temperatures begin to rise this spring, many landowners across the Rocky Mountain West have last year’s flooding in mind.

If you’re paying high flood insurance rates or building and want to make sure you are out of the floodplain, WWC Engineering can help.

If your home or business is in a high-risk area, your insurance agent will likely need an Elevation Certificate to determine your flood insurance premium.

The higher your lowest floor is above the base flood elevation, the lower the risk of flooding. Lower risk typically means lower flood insurance premiums.

For more information on Elevation Certificates, see the FEMA website.