Senior civil engineer
Brief Job Description:
WWC has an immediate opening for a Senior Civil Engineer. The Senior Civil Engineer will lead and work directly with our engineering teams in developing, procuring, and executing projects in planning, geometric design, hydraulic and hydrologic design, water resources and irrigation projects, reservoir design and permitting, environmental permitting, geotechnical engineering, quantity schedules, bid packages, public interaction, preparation of plans and technical specifications, construction engineering, and/or other associated civil engineering activities as assigned. The Senior Civil Engineer will also be responsible for mentoring, tracking resources, and managing client relationships. Some travel is required, and you must have a valid driver’s license.
- Manages client relationships and successfully leads project teams in developing, procuring, and executing projects.
- Responsible for staff engagement and performance.
- Manages engineering design including essential design documents.
- Leads all project development efforts including marketing, proposal work and client contact.
- Develops specifications, cost estimates, and bid packages.
- Performs regulatory permitting for projects.
- Responsible for project decisions regarding technical approaches and resources.
- Utilizes AutoCAD Civil 3D to perform engineering design.
- Opportunity to mentor and develop junior engineers.
Highly skilled at managing projects and a minimum of four years’ experience in civil engineering. Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in civil engineering. Must be a Licensed Professional Engineer in Montana or have the ability to acquire it. Some travel is required and must have a valid driver’s license.
Competitive salary and benefits negotiable based on experience. Benefit package includes generous holiday and personal time off; comp time; health, dental, and vision insurance; a 401K/profit sharing plan; and bonus potential.
Open until filled
Stacia Skretteberg at Stacia@peakconsult.net.
What information do applicants need to provide?
Letter of interest and resume.
Additional information about the position for potential applicants:
WWC is an independent, employee-owned professional services firm. We have more than 90 employees and have served the Rocky Mountain region since 1980. Our client focus is to provide innovation, quality and value to every project. We have an employee-centered culture. We strive to provide employees opportunities to progress professionally in their area of expertise or diversify their experience if they desire to grow beyond that expertise. WWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Billings: Surrounded by six mountain ranges with a rich history of the Old West, Billings is a growing community and a regional leader in multiple industries. With a resilient economy, quality education, exceptional medical services, and diverse cultural and leisure activities, Billings is the perfect place to work, play and thrive.
Submitted by: Greg Reid / 2020-09-25 10:00